Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bodice Mock up

I have cut out the mock up for my Steamboats dress. In the process I realize I have lost some weight since the last time I used my bodice pattern block. Fitted it once on my own, made another mock up and decided to get help fitting it again. Since I am now in Pennsylvania, I took a drive to Gettysburg and visited with Maggie Koenig for a fitting. I am rather proud of my patterning skills, never having had a second hand to help with fitting. Oh was I seriously under a misconception. I put on the mock up and Maggie started pulling and pinning and drawing and cutting. She moved darts and shoulder seams. Took in side seams. Wow! It felt so much better! Of course I didn't take pictures during the process, but I do have a couple of the outcome. Hopefully you can see all the changes she made. Now I have a perfectly fitted bodice pattern!



No comments: