Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wrapper update

I have the wrapper pretty much constructed other than the trim and hem. I've decided against putting a collar on at this time. I've piped the neckline so I can always go back and add one. Here are a few pictures of the front, the sleeve, the inside construction, the back and showing the sleeve and front facing. I decided not to line the skirt as I will probably wear it mostly in comfortable or warm weather and will not need the warmth. I partially faced the front just for appearance sake if the skirt should flip open. I did not attempt to match the fabric pattern as I did not have enough fabric to waste on matching; however, after looking at several original pieces, matching patterns did not seem to be a concern so much in 1860.

No comments: