Thursday, August 22, 2013

Red Check Dress Trimmings

The ribbon came in. And then a wonderful friend K had some great red buttons that are a perfect match. As a reminder, here is the inspiration dress:


And here are the trimmings I am using


The ribbon will be ruched around the edges of the sleeve; you can just barely see it on the inspiration photo. I purchased Marge Harding's Victoria's Trims: Victorian Ribbon Trims and Embellishments a couple of years ago and can't wait to try out some of the examples on the sleeves.

The only thing I need is the white silk to line the sleeves. I'll be in Gettysburg next week and will, of course, visit Needle and Thread. I'll probably find the perfect fabric there.

I recently found that my bodice block has gone missing so I need to make a new pattern and mock up before I cut into the fabric. But first to clean off the sewing table!

1 comment:

melissamary said...

Looks lovely! I can't wait to see how it will turn out!