Sunday, August 23, 2009

Projects

I have ordered the bonnet form from Pam Robles; she just happened to be working on it when I sent her the email. I'm also working on a pair of drawers; I decided that was more important than the sleepwear as I can use a chemise for that. I was really unsure what to do for the bonnet, but have now found my inspiration. I really like the back treatment of this one.

And then I found this fashion plate.

I have two pieces of fabric I wanted to use in a bonnet; the silk from my ballgown and a beautiful claret silk I got at Needle and Thread. The claret I think is too thin for this back treatment, but the yellow is a perfect weight.

Look at the bonnet on the bottom left corner of the fashion plate; it is obviously two different colors in the bonnet. So that is what I'm going to do. The yellow will be the back of the bonnet and the claret will be the curtain, ties and sheering. I was also thinking of caning the bonnet, but think I will sheer like the fashion plate. The two colors look stunning together and look great with the blue wool and the silk plaid I have.

I also ordered the petersham from Judith M. I ordered some of the brown and some of the loden and will decided which I want as a belt for the wool. The only other thing I'd really like to have before Lost Tribes is a pair of slippers.

No comments: