Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Henkel Square Sale

Henkel Square was a collection of historic buildings in Round Top, Texas. We had held several events there staying in the structures. Last year the site was sold and redeveloped into a kitchy, cutesy collection of shops. I have not visited any of the structures since being renovated with electricity, don't really want to. The buildings contained a wonderful collection of furnishings and other items. They are all now being sold off. http://www.henkelsquareroundtop.com/bybee_sale.php. To me this is bittersweat as I am glad to know that they were not destroyed, but hate to see them probably go to overpriced antique stores rather than be preserved and saved for research and education.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wonder what they're going to get for my fireplace crane.

Vicki