Saturday, March 8, 2014

Chester County Clothing of the 1800s

March is conference month. When I travel to conference I usually add on a couple of days to visit with my friend in West Chester. She happens to live just a couple of blocks from the Chester County Historical Society's museum. The current exhibit is Chester County Clothing of the 1800s.


I had heard about the exhibit from a curator the last time I was there; at that time it was contingent on funding and I'm so glad that it happened. The exhibit is rather small; it covers the early 19th Century up to the turn of the 20th century. Unfortunately, there are only a few examples of 1860s garments; but the displays are wonderful and the 1870s dresses are beautiful. This exhibit is well worth the trip if you get a chance. Here are a few highlights; additional photos can be found on Flicker.

 



No comments: