Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ballgown progress

I have the bodice mock up done. I've compared it to pieces I know fit and it fits the dummy. Once I have the sleeves and the bertha mock up done and the whole thing put together I'll try it on me with the corset.
I used a couple of different patterns; Simplicity 2881 for the front. I really don't like the back of that one so took the pattern from my conference dress and modified it. Seemed to work fine.

Here a picture of the fabric.I found some great fabric for the tucker. The painting appears to have a bit of a pattern in the piece of the tucker in the front. So I found this.

No comments: