Friday, May 18, 2012

The Battle of Temple Junction - School Day

Every once in awhile even us "progressives" need to take it down a notch or two and go enjoy a mainstream event. It allows us to let our hair down and go play dress up with no expectations. So this weekend I'm enjoying the Battle of Temple Junction. The event is put on by a local SCV camp and is a replacement for the Bellmead reenactment, which held it's last stand in 2008. Today was the school day.  I had supplies left from the wallpaper envelope activity at Mexia so invited myself. My young friend Katelyn joined me; unfortunately only one school took advantage of the opportunity. 

Yes, that is one of those parking lot canapes but beggars can't be choosers and since I no longer have access to a fly this did just fine. Behind us you will see Mercury Supply Company is there for the weekend.

It was warm enough that the glue actually liquefied. If you read my post about Mexia you'll realize what an improvement this was. The kids seemed to enjoy the activity and it was nice to sit and visit with Katelyn.

We were too far away to hear all of the other activities; however, we did hear some singing and there was a school desk set up.


Next to us was a quilter...


And a hospital tent and display was sent up.


I'm going to meet Katelyn back up there tomorrow to enjoy the regular event; hopefully more reenactors will be there.

No comments: