Friday, December 13, 2013

Day Dress Re-do

I think I found the fabric! As a reminder, here is the inspiration:


Described as an "Outdoor dress for the country; robe of white pique sprigged with small bouquets in brown and pink; edgings of white braid." Godeys September 1860.

Here is the fabric I'm hoping to get:



100% cotton (yes, I did a burn test). It has a wonderful hand and is very light weight, somewhat sheer but not see through; it will make up well, especially lined in pima cotton. It is also a great price :). I have emailed the seller to see how much she has and hope she has at least 8 yards.

I love the planning stage. Now to look for the buttons and edging.  So far I'm thinking white glass or if can be verified, Dorset. The edging is a bit trickier; braid could mean anything; but I think from the picture it will be flat and not too fancy.

I'll need a new chemisette...have to figure out that strange necktie thing...matching button and trim? Is it attached? Oh why couldn't the fashion plates give better descriptions?

No comments: