Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen of the 1860s Conference: Epilogue.2

Monday morning, my last day in Pennsylvania. We started off with breakfast at Perkins. There were other attendees as we saw them at breakfast and packing up as we left the hotel. It was kind of a sad feeling leaving the hotel with its empty parking lot. Our first stop was the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg.


I had been there a few years ago and not much had changed. It's a beautiful facility. The exhibits are definately military centered. In the gallery guide it says there is a Women in War exhibit on the roles of women in the war; however, it is nothing but a wall of quotes and etched portriats. I was disappointed. They have some great artifacts. One in particular was a personal flag that Kimberly and I would love to reproduce and pass out to the guys at Pioneer Farms.


However, it didn't take much time to go through the museum. We still had a little bit of time before we had to get Kimberly to the airport but not enough time to travel anywhere. We picked up a flyer for the Antique Marketplace in Lemoyne. How fun, I wish I had had more time to really explore. As it was I picked up some CDVs and a neat broach.






After dropping Kimberly off at the airport I headed to Hershey, as the guys at home wanted souveniors.

I drove around town, up and down Chocolate Ave. I love the architecture! Brick bungalows, very cute. Yes, the street lights on Chocolate Avenue are Hershey Kisses, alternating wrapped and unwrapped. There was a faint hint of chocolate in the air, or at least I thought so. Cute little town.

I then went up to the Hotel Hershey.


Just hung out in the lobby and shops. Very che-che. Nancy wants to stay one night there on one of our trips to the conference.

My trip back was a mess. Although I did get an upgrade to business class from Chicago to Denver. We were delayed coming out of Chicago so I missed my flight to Austin. But business class, oh yeah. Reclining seats, choice of movies (I watched The Artist), hot nuts, and hot dinner. First class gets their own little capsules, but business was still nice.

Since I missed my flight to Austin, the airline put me up in Denver, but without my checked bag. I managed, but would have liked to have fresh clothes. The flight back was uneventful, slept most of the way.

So ends another conference trip. Really looking forward to next year. I love these trips.

1 comment:

Duct Cleaners Decatur said...

This was lovely thanks for writing this