Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen of the 1860s Conference: Part 5

The Fancy Dress Ball
The last few conferences, Carolann has hosted a ball after dinner Saturday night. This year rather than just a ball, we had a fancy dress ball. I agonized over this for months before the conference. What was I going to go as? How was I going to get it all done? At one point Kimberly, Nancy and I were going to go as three graces, but family issues prevented me from getting it together. So I ended up taking my sheer pink cotton, buying some fake flowers at the marketplace and going as Spring...
 

Along with a couple of others. There were several seasons, a rose garden complete with thorny accompaniment, Cynthia Ann Parker, a queen bee and her keeper, several historical characters and other eras.


Music was provided by Smash the Windows. It was a lot of fun, but we only stayed through the costume parade and then went back to our room as Nancy had to pack up to leave on Sunday. 

No comments: